Apologies: Claire Laurenson, Jan Irvine, Joy Godfrey, Ian Baxter, Martin Meteyard, Rosemary Mackay, Rosemary Strachan, Kirstie Malley.
October Minutes agreed without change, proposed Reuben Welch, Liz Sommerville Seconded.
November Minutes agreed without change, Reuben proposed, seconded Elaine Abercrombie.
Matters arising. October.-
- Willow wreath workshop 30 people attended.
- A skate Jam was done in conjunction with Mondo Loco.
- Events map might have been superseded by Residents forum.
- A discussion emerged over whether we should do a February valentines disco. Elaine asked if the events group should run it. Darius explained the directors decision that the Hub Team meeting would be the group who organised future events and the events team was now dissolved. At this point, Elaine Ferguson and Shirley Boyle left the meeting. We tried to ask Shirley to stay and discuss the issue. Unsuccessfully.
The draft of the Ethos was read out. People were invited to suggest changes. See Appendix 1 of Agenda.
The 8 directors roles were explained. See Appendix 2 of Agenda.
Douglas explained the practicalities for the AGM on 27th April. Explaining proxy voting, notice periods and the opportunity to submit motions. Inviting any comments or suggestions. Everyone was in agreement. He handed out a list of motions for the AGM for reference (see Attached).
We discussed an outline schedule of potential activities for the next year. A sketched out plan of dates was created for further discussion. It was agreed that a final decision of events up to August would be made in the February Hub meeting in time for printing the newsletter.
These are the suggested activities:
- 5th April- Easter egg rolling+ Plant swap.
- 27th April- AGM
- May- Ceilidh
- June- Picnic in the park + Wacky Races
- July- Picnic in the park
- August- Funday.
It was agreed that having a pilot Community Cinema event would be worthwhile, but we were unsure as to the date. Darius would speak to Ryan about this and the group would continue the discussion on Facebook.
It was agreed (after meeting) that Reuben would chair the next meeting on 23rd February in the Pavilion. Douglas would chair the AGM in April
Meeting ended at 9.05pm
These Minutes were agreed as accurate reflection at next General Meeting on the 23rd February 2015